The drought is a serious issue impacting you and the Hawke's Bay region at present. If you need help, please contact us or the Rural Support Trust on 0800 787 254.
A positive opportunity for the future has been announced this week, a fund to help you prepare your business to recover from the drought and plan for the future, the 2020 Drought Recovery Advice Fund.
It will pay for professional advice to a maximum of $5,000 (excluding GST), this is to help you get a wide range of drought-related business and technical advice. If you are a successful applicant you have until June 2021 to receive the drought-related recovery advice.
The advice can include (but is not limited to):
· stock water best practice
· feed management systems
· strategic planning, including farm business and whole farm plans
· land management and sustainable management techniques
· analysis of farm systems
· risk and recovery management and business continuity
· modelling farm systems change scenarios
· alternate land-use options
· technical advice on soil, pastures, or animal production
· financial planning and decision support
· farm accounts analysis
To be eligible for this fund:
· the farm must be in a 2020 drought-affected region or district
· the farming business must have been negatively affected by the 2020 drought
· at least 50% of the farmer's income, in a normal year, must be earned from the farming business
Applicants do not need to know who their supplier will be when they submit their application. However, it is important to think about what sort of advice is needed and who would be best to provide it.
Applications will be accepted from 9am on 11 May 2020 until 5pm on 12 June 2020.
Where do BM Accounting come in?
Some of you will already know that we aim to take a proactive approach, using our skills and knowledge supporting and assisting our clients to achieve the following which includes, but is not limited to:
· strategic planning
· financial planning/decision making, with regular meetings to review and re-forecast.
· scenario planning
· account analysis
We are in the process of becoming an approved supplier, and if the advice or service you need to help with your recovery from the drought is something BM Accounting is able to offer you, please list BM Accounting on your application as your preferred supplier.
If you have any questions or general enquiries please don't hesitate to contact your BM Advisor.